Senior Transportation Design Engineer 10/11/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for a Senior Transportation Design Engineer with 9-12 years experience to join the team in our Raleigh NC office.
As a Senior Transportation Design Engineer, you will assist, lead and/or direct the development and design of infrastructure projects for roadways, including intersections, collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways, interstates and interchanges.
Specific work responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* You may be required to perform different roles on multi-disciplined projects including of plans, project technical design lead, and management of smaller projects.
* Critical to this position is the ability to develop roadway plans utilizing Microstation and Geopak according to NCDOT guidelines and standards with minimal oversight. Work will consist of a wide variety of urban and rural roadway projects from concept development, analysis and functional design through final roadway plans.
* Interpersonal skills are essential, including clear and concise oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to motivate staff and work directly with clients, prepare written reports and work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
* Project development experience should include working as an individual or through team efforts in developing project plans including calculations and quantities, and maintaining project schedules and ensuring project compliance with all Arcadis practices including quality and safety standards.
* You should also have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and design innovation.
* 9-12 years experience
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineer
* Registered North Carolina PE (or ability to obtain NC PE by comity within 3 months from date of hire)
* Engineering experience with infrastructure design, including cost estimates, technical reports, construction plans and project displays
* Demonstrated ability to execute projects on budget and within assigned budgets
* Proficiency with CAD particularly Microstation, GeoPak and CAiCE
* Familiarity with NCDOT design standards and policies
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Master s degree in Civil Engineering
* NCDOT project design experience
* Experience in roundabout design
* Active participation in professional association(s)
Engineering - Transportation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.