Senior Water Engineer 9/20/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description
Arcadis is currently searching for a Senior Water / Wastewater Project Manager with a minimum 15 years experience to join our Water Business Line team in the Atlanta, GA office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and dynamic leader to join our team with support from strong nationally recognized technical staff. We are looking for a team leader who has the expertise and technical knowledge to lead and manage staff in the execution of projects, as well as a proven reputation for excellence in client management / business development - successfully leading project pursuits and winning work within the municipal Water / Wastewater market of this region.
* Works directly with clients to determine needs and provide solutions, and then manages the client s expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
* Lead the planning, management, execution and delivery of engineering projects.
* Develop scopes of work and budgets.
* Support/Lead strategic and tactical planning to expand presence with existing clients, improve/expand our services and strengthen our position in the marketplace.
* Serve as a one of the primary client-facing contacts.
* Identify, track and position for opportunities well in advance of advertisement through internal contacts and relationships.
* Develop relationships and/or provide guidance on teaming partners for pursuits.
* Lead the pursuit capture planning for significant opportunities.
* Lead teams in the preparation of winning proposals, presentation delivery and interviews.
* Supervise and support the work of others.
* Mentor junior staff.
* 15 years of experience in engineering and consulting, primarily related to the municipal market.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
* Licensed Professional Engineer.
* Excellent technical engineering skills.
* Project Management experience on projects of various sizes.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business and technical challenges.
* Possess a solid understanding of selling professional engineering services to municipal clients.
* Demonstrated client management / engagement experience with the client/project capture process including integrating value propositions into winning proposals.
* Strong business development skills including; maintenance/development of current clients, coordinating meetings, conducting effective client presentations and preparing written reports.
* Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineWater, perhaps the world s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle from source to tap and back again while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.