This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Marriott Syracuse Downtown
JOB DESCRIPTIONMarriott Syracuse Downtown seeks servers to greet and serve the guests according to standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to service manual.
2. Do all necessary set-up sidework as assigned.
3. Answer any guest questions about the food and beverage menu, with special emphasis on craft and locally sourced beers
4. Operate the electronic cash register/P.O.S. system
5. Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
6. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Two years of high volume restaurant experience preferred.
Extensive knowledge of craft beers and cocktails preferred.
Ability to work, nights, weekends and holidays preferred.
Must be flexible to work in other on property outlets as needed.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be able to multi-task, willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties, be a problem solver and a team player. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing and/or walking. Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.