This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/3/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of an OR Service Associate at Hackensack Meridian includes:
Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with patients, staff and physicians.: Utilizes social skills and communicates appropriately.
Procedure rooms are maintained patient ready.: Appropriate cleaning is maintained. Supplies/linen/preps set-up after each patient.
May transport patient to and from OR and/or other testing procedures.: Ensures proper patient id by speaking with patient and/or family member(s), looking at arm band and patient chart. Patient is transported within expected time frame; chart is brought with patient. Properly handles patient support apparatus during transport. Communicates with nursing personnel when patient is returned within a timely manner.
Materials and Supplies: Team member maintains adequate stock of materials, supplies and chemicals on cleaning cart and in janitor's closet.
Medical Waste: Regulated medical waste is removed according to schedule. RMW is transported, segregated, packed, and stored according to policy.
Public areas: OR lobbies, waiting room lounges, locker rooms, surgical waiting area, OR offices, storage rooms, foyers and nurses stations are cleaned according to schedule and no evidence of litter is identified upon inspection.
Recycling: Recycling is removed according to schedule. No calls are received for overflowing containers and inspections reflect low levels of accumulated recycling. Containers are checked regularly.
Regulatory guidelines: All regulatory guidelines are followed including those by NJDOH, JCAHO, AORN and OSHA and No deficiencies are found in assigned areas during regulatory inspections.
Room Turnover: Team member is aware of needs of the or and responds to requests within 5 minutes. Rooms are appropriately cleaned within 10-15 minutes. Responds to other requests in a timely manner.
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Heavy pulling, pushing and lifting are required
* Good communication and Customer Service skills required / Ability to read and speak English is required.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.