Service Controls Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 10/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE
Sunbelt Controls is a leading full-service building automation contractor for new construction and retrofit projects in the Western United States. We provide complete, fully integrated, single-source solutions ranging from engineering applications and automated control systems to design assistance, sustainable maintenance service, retro-commissioning and energy rebate supported projects.
At Sunbelt Controls, we strive to lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost, which help our customers be more efficient and competitive in today s world. Just ask some of our recent customers: L.A. Live, Dupont, China Lake Naval Station, Boeing, UC San Francisco Hospital, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for over 30 years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace; our sales volume is forecasted to top $100 million in 2016.
The Service Technician will be working in the San Francisco Bay Area region. This person is responsible for completing service calls, maintenance contracts, and projects while maintaining a positive customer relationship and high level of satisfaction. The person in this position is also expected to be proactive with regards to recommendations for the customer base.
This position will work with a variety of control systems, including Automated Logic, Trane, Johnson Controls, Distech, and other control manufacturer s products.
Union membership is a requirement for this role. You must be a member of the UA local for the specific region, OR be willing to join the union as this is a position that falls under the collective bargaining agreement.
* Complete service calls and preventative maintenance on existing control systems.
* Perform upgrades, small scale retrofits, or replacement of existing control systems
* Provide proactive recommendations for energy saving or preventative measures
* Focus on 100% customer satisfaction with each call, project or customer interaction
* Strive to fully understand the customer's needs and requirements, which helps to foster long term relationships
* Maintain clear and open communication, both internally and externally
* Be sensitive to expectations outside of current scope of work and involve appropriate personnel as necessary
* Be timely with paperwork including time sheets, as-builts drawings, etc.
* Three years minimum in the HVAC field
* Knowledge of DDC control systems as they apply to the HVAC industry
* Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
* Skilled in the use of personal computers and with Microsoft Office suite
* Experience with Automated Logic, Trane, Johnson Controls, or Distech is preferred
* Good communication skills
* Able to carry up to 50 lbs, carry and climb a 10 ft. ladder and maneuver in and around HVAC equipment (ductwork, piping, conduit, etc)
* Possess valid California Driver's License with a safe driving record
* Pass a 7 yr. background check
* Experience in Tridium, Niagara, Honeywell a plus
WHAT\'S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Salary and Benefits: We offer a comprehensive UA union package or if you are currently working in a non-union environment, we may assist you in obtaining equal status.
* Great work environment: We value teamwork and enjoy what we do. We have a very low company turnover rate and boast a high level of employee satisfaction.
* Professional growth: Sunbelt's continued growth, coupled with a diverse product range, creates opportunities for your career development.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the required qualifications, submit your resume today!
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.