Service Quality Specialist 3/21/2017
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Service Quality Specialist provides administrative support to the Service Quality, Methodist Experience by completing strategic projects and tasks. The incumbent relies on appropriate resources to collect relevant data, compile information for management decisions, and ensure the successful execution of related events. The projects for this role are minimally anticipated and directly linked to the evolution of the department s/division s operational focus. The incumbent will provide assistance with administrative duties, including intake coordination and evaluation meeting minutes.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Describe the age group of primary customers/patients served if applicable to this position.
X Not applicable School Age (6-12 years)
Neonate (Birth to 28 days) Adolescence (12-18 years)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months) Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years) Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Preschooler (3-6 years) Mature Adult (65 years and older)
ICARE VALUES (20%)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Maintains familiarity with the work of clinical staff, physicians, and administration to successfully identify appropriate contacts for project monitoring and data collection. (10%)
2. Effectively communicates with key contacts to obtain information that relates to strategic initiatives as highlighted by the Service Quality and Methodist Experience leadership.
1. Helps minimize excess cost(s) by assisting and recommending solutions in achieving departmental objectives. (5%)
1. Composes meeting minutes for committees and department meetings as assigned. (10%)
2. Maintains associated project tracking and accountability systems, creates files, and develops effective presentation tools and/or reports for significant activities. Utilizes technology resources to conduct research for assigned projects. (5%)
3. Facilitates performance improvement initiatives and patient satisfaction best practices (20%)
1. Participates on committees and task forces as assigned, ensuring that critical objectives are clearly explained and action items are appropriately delegated. Follow-up on action items as necessary to ensure completion of assignments. (15%)
2. Partners with clinical and non-clinical areas to develop department specific programs to sustain a culture of I CARE Values, Safety and Personalized Service supporting standardization of the Houston Methodist Experience (20%)
1. Represents the Houston Methodist Experience before hospital and professional entities and develops positive working relationships. (15%)
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or Health Sciences field preferred. Equivalent experience in a related position may be substituted in lieu of the educational requirements.
2 years experience in a healthcare, medical research, or academic setting with an emphasis on project management
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
2. Ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of staff.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Excellent time management skills. Ability to work with multiple time-critical priorities.
5. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Generally, work is done in an office environment with pleasant working conditions. There is good lighting and ventilation, it is reasonably quiet, and the work hours are reasonably regular. Some travel within the Houston metroplex to Houston Methodist entities. This position will office at a Houston Methodist Community Hospital.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.