Service Technician II (Sign-On Bonus or Relocation Assistance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
Stanley Black & Decker
West Sacramento, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Are you interested in joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies* If so, you have come to the right place. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive solutions, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Currently, we are in an accelerated growth phase in a rapidly expanding industry. There s never been a better time to join our security team. We are seeking a motivated, self-driven individual looking for a long-term position as a Service Technician for our Security Business.
* Service access control, intrusion, and CCTV security systems.
* Perform scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order. Record productive time versus travel time.
* Complete maintenance, within assigned Labor Load PM hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero call backs.
* May plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
* Responsible for advanced troubleshooting, programming and configuration associated with industry software packages, operating systems and PC hardware.
* Present a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
* Perform work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
* Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
* Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handle proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adhere to and supports Stanley Convergent Security Solutions, Inc. policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
* Keep updated on all changes/modification to Stanley equipment and Ansi 156.10 standard as notified through published communications (TechTip). Attend and complete training programs as requested.
* Must hold 5+ years experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems
* IP Video and IT experience required
* Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
* Carry items up to 75 pounds
* Ability to work on-call covering after hours & weekend emergency calls
* A valid state driver s license, without restrictions is required
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
* Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
* NICET II or III Certification highly preferred
* Lenel, Pro-Watch, Software House, and/or Picture Perfect Certifications highly preferred
* Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security or computer systems preferred
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Additional benefits offered:
* Qualified applicants may be eligible for a sign-on bonus or relocation assistance
* Generous employee referral bonus
* Advancement opportunities
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.