Set Up Technician 9/20/2017
NTN Bearing of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NTN DRIVESHAFT INC, a world leader in constant velocity technology for the automotive industry, is currently seeking a qualified SET UP TECHNICIANS for our Columbus Indiana operation. NTN currently has 1800 employees working in our Columbus operation and customer demand for our product is growing rapidly. NTN Driveshaft manufactures Constant Velocity Joints (CVJs) for all of the major automotive companies. These customers include Honda, Ford, Toyota, GM, Chrysler and most other automotive OEMs.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Working from drawings, set-up CNC machines to meet, or to exceed, quality and production standards.
* Assist and share responsibility with the operator(s) in achieving/exceeding required quality and production standards.
* Operate machines.
* Repair/adjust set-ups and tooling, troubleshoot nonconforming processes.
* Use the necessary inspection equipment to verify product conformance to requirements.
* Document major events on each job and communicate job status to the following shift.
* Repair CNC machines and ensure PM is performed.
* Provide Team Leader with progress updates for machine change overs.
* Adjust, modify processes, in concert with Manufacturing needs, to improve results.
* Follow safe practices and housekeeping instructions. Observe ergonomic principles and guidelines.
FULLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
* Have comprehensive knowledge of machining lines and mechanical aptitude to trouble shoot CNCs.
* Have interpersonal skills to coach and effectively relate with others.
* Have advanced print reading and parts inspection abilities.
* Follow safe practices and observe ergonomic principles and guidelines.
* Computer literate.
* Understand continual improvement principles and their application.
* Understand ISO Quality Management System.
* Contribute to continual improvement.
NTN Driveshaft offers competitive wages and a full range of comprehensive benefits that far exceed the industry standard. These include medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and on-site clinic. NTN Driveshaft is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
Qualified applicants should apply online at:
Under the Job Posting: Set Up Technician (NTN Driveshaft / Columbus Indiana)
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE..