SharePoint Developer 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
8 am - 5 pm
Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident. Must have or be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
Telesis has an immediate need for a SharePoint Engineer with excellent proactive skills, to join an established Operation and Support team. The mission of this group is to provide 24x7x365 operational and administrative support for a government Civilian Agency client, and to manage all incoming and outgoing support requests related to the network and business infrastructure.
The SharePoint Developer position is an individual contributor role based in Rockville, MD. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a SharePoint developer, focused on SharePoint 2013. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of SharePoint development principles, the SharePoint app model, can develop and review SharePoint development code, and will be a PowerShell expert. S/He will also have a successful history working on projects in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering high quality solutions, which meet project timelines.
* Develop application, simulation, model, and utility software and documentation.
* Perform detail analysis of design, implementation, and derived code to ensure sufficient accuracy, validity, safety, and fidelity exists.
* Perform detailed analyses of the written specifications and requirements for a given program to ensure validity and continuity throughout the documentation and to the derived code.
* Debug and test code, models, and simulations.
* Prepare written technical reports, discrepancy reports, trouble reports and progress reports.
* Direct on-site customer interface for software installation, testing, systems integration, programming, debugging, and other computer system tasks as needed.
* Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
* Provide informal training in implementing software programs based on user requirements.
* Maintain liaison with outside hardware and software vendors for system upgrades and maintenance.
* Develop, write, and submit technical reports for technical presentations and meetings.
* May provide support in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
* Perform evaluations in the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of complex programs or systems.
* 4+ years' experience as a SharePoint developer, working with large enterprise SharePoint farms
* Extensive experience delivering collaboration solutions from requirements, evaluation, architecture, engineering, through launch and support
* Solid understanding of enterprise corporate environment extending beyond application platform to network, OS, client OS, browsers, DNS, WAN optimization, encryption, authentication, etc
* Strong conceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drive timely resolution of complex issues
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad group of business and technical stakeholders.
* Public Trust Clearance. Candidates must have or be able to obtain and keep a Public Trust Clearance
* Demonstrated proficiency and experience working with SharePoint and, or all of the following: Linux (CentOS and Red Hat), Microsoft Windows (Server and Workstation), databases (Oracle, MySQL), web services, and internet protocols
* Exceptional computer skills and proficiency on PC platforms
* A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) and four (4) years of relevant technical experience
* An additional four (4) years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree
* Previously worked for a federal civilian government agency
* Previously worked in an O&M environment where ITIL best practices were employed
* SharePoint Certification or related Microsoft certifications
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status