Shipping and Receiving Coordinator I 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Company
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorporation.com.
Ship and/or receive all incoming or outgoing shipments. Verify or prepare bills of lading for freight carriers, assists in loading trucks and obtain signatures on shipments. Count and record merchandise to assure accuracy of shipment and receipt, performs related duties as required under minimal supervision.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
1. Verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders.
2. Compare incoming/outgoing shipments with bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
3. Identify and log all customer returns.
4. Determine mode of transportation and schedules with common carriers.
5. Use UPS and FedEx system to ship product and apply shipping information to packed cartons.
6. Identify Kanban cards and process accordingly.
7. Verify orders shipped are closed.
8. Perform activities planned by others.
9. Communicate with internal contacts outside the work group to reach agreement on different points of view. Interactions can impact continued working relations with internal customers.
10. Communicate with external contacts by telephone, writing, or in person for ongoing service, handling regular transactions and providing detailed information about a specific set of products, services, capabilities, issues, or questions.
11. Determine specific work methods that are defined and existing and carry out activities independently.
12. Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
13. Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with Rexnord policies, 5S procedures, and in line with Rexnord core values. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all knowledge, skills, and abilities.
1. 2-4 or more years of experience in shipping & receiving, high school diploma or equivalent a plus.
2. Effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
3. Knowledge of and ability to apply some advanced skills to adapt to procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the complex requirements of the position.
4. Accurately read and comprehend material.
5. Knowledge of and ability to provide information where some creativity is needed.
6. Knowledge of and ability to compute basic arithmetic.
7. Ability to use a computer with clear instructions and procedures.
8. Knowledge of and ability to use tools or special devices to work, guide or move objects or materials. Start, stop, and control the actions of equipment for which a course must be steered or guided in order to fabricate, process, or move objects. (Operate a forklift, hand truck, etc.)
9. Accurately follow directions and procedures, to organize facts and figures.
Matching 401(k) contribution
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Matching Gift Program
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED