Shipping & Warehouse Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
Topcon America Corp.
Fort Atkinson, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONSHIPPING & WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Agriculture & Construction
Location : Location
Oversee warehousing, distribution and material handling activities
Core Job Duties:
* Optimize the layout of the warehouse space to ensure efficient and accurate order picking and space utilization.
* Oversee the implementation and management of contemporary warehouse operating practices
* Providing training, leadership and direction to the team responsible for picking, kitting, packing and shipping finished goods.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing both domestic and international shipments.
* Implement policies and procedures as required to support safe, efficient, and accurate warehousing tasks and activity.
* Oversee/manage all cycle counting activity; and support the annual physical inventory (if required)
* Liaise with the production and customer care teams as required to ensure timely, accurate shipments and provide a high level of service to our customers.
* Develop, monitor and maintain relevant shipping & warehousing metrics/KPIs to drive continuous improvements.
* Work with the Quality Manager/quality team as required to ensure the preservation of our products and accuracy of our shipments.
* Develop and maintain relationships with logistics service providers (UPS, Fed Ex, Freight Forwarders, etc).
* Support lean manufacturing initiatives/kaizen events.
* Perform other duties as required
Education & Experience:
* AS in business, operations, or equivalent discipline required; 4 year degree preferred
* 2-3 years of supervisory/management experience in warehousing/distribution.
* Prior experience working with and/or implementing barcoding solutions in a warehouse.
* Prior experience with international logistics is helpful
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong communication skills
* Must possess strong analytical skills and have prior experience developing and maintaining relevant KPIs
* Able to work independently without close supervision.
* Experience within an ISO9001 environment
* Willingness to take a \\"hands on\\" approach to supporting warehousing/distribution activity.
* Possess good attention to detail.
* Possess good teamwork skills.
* Ability to coach, develop, and lead a team of employees within a fast paced, growing organization