Simulation Technician Support (Part Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/27/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
Joshua Tree, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSimulation Technician Support (Part Time)
Primary Location: Twentynine Palms, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Simulation (Sim) Technician (Tech) Support will plan, install, operate, and maintain the hardware, software, and all primary simulations drivers operating on MCTOG enterprise UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Operating Systems. By providing the stable operating systems and environments, MCTOG is provided a viable platform to execute current and emerging model and simulations (M&S) systems. M&S executed properly provide MCTOG with a modeled synthetic environments depicting human behavior (psychological and social attributes) and service, Joint, and Coalition techniques, tactics, and procedures requisite of virtual constructive training. Further, the simulation and C4I interface allows training staff and students to train and exercise COC tools and training objectives.
* Perform simulation systems administration and integration in an exercise environment.
* Ensure the interoperability of assorted simulation hardware and software components.
* Prepare, monitor, and evaluate simulation test plans and events.
* Support exercise design, execution, and post-exercise events.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must be knowledgeable of distributed simulation protocols/communication technologies in support of remote operations conducted at various selected sites.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Associate s Degree in relevant field desired and 2 years of military experience required.
* Experience with MTWS, and other simulation models such as JCATS, JSAF, OneSAF/JSAF, or CBS required.
* Experience in Internetworking with TCP/IP required. Experience with government-purchased simulation support hardware/software required.
* Documented experience in Internetworking with TCP/IP required.
* Demonstrated capabilities in the following but not limited to:
* Microsoft Operating Systems
* Principles of database installation, configuration, and operation.
* System administration experience in an HP/UNIX, Linux, and NT/Win2000 computer operating, network environment required.
* Experience with integration of government-purchased simulation support hardware/software at government training sites required.
* Certifications desired:
* CompTIA Network +
* Comp TIA Security+
* VMware Certified Associate (VCA6-DCV)
* Red Hat Certification - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* VBS Administrator Course
* VBS Scripting Course
* Microsoft Certification
* Linux Professional Institute Certifications
* UNIX Systems Administrator
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance. Accordingly, a valid passport is required.
* Travel is estimated to be up to 30%.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.