Site Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
DEALER.COM, a Cox Automotive brand, is currently looking for a SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join our Systems Engineer Solutions team in BURLINGTON, VT.
Our Engineering division is detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
Production Engineering is an innovative team devoted to providing automated solutions and services for Cox Automotive to measure, evaluate and plan for visible, reliable application delivery. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as a member of software engineering teams to build and run large-scale, widely-distributed, fault-tolerant solutions. You will collaborate with an extremely talented and diverse infrastructure, operations, and development team to scale and evolve an existing platform. Our Engineering team handles billions of transactions each day in an extremely latency-sensitive environment. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and our challenge is to increase the development velocity by optimizing various parts of the delivery pipeline, while emphasizing reliability, uptime, capacity, and performance.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together in a build environment, or if automation, and building tools to monitor and manage your applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you.
* Design and assist in the authoring of software tools that reliably manage application delivery
* Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure
* Embed with specific development teams to ensure best practices are implemented
* Improve predictability and reliability of software releases
* Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment
* Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby), or demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language like: C++, Java, or Ruby
* Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Amazon Linux) system engineering expertise
* Configuration management systems (Puppet, Ansible, and Docker knowledge preferred)
* Networking knowledge (AWS VPC experience is a plus)
* High-availability approaches including load balancing, dynamic scaling, and capacity planning
* Experience using metrics and monitoring to ensure customer SLA objectives are met
* Experience operating Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google Compute, Azure) and their PaaS based components (Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, RDS, etc.)
* Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
* Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
* Containerization platforms (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes)
* Agile development, testing, and deployment expertise
* Experience in Java including Spring Boot
* Distributed version control system experience (Git preferred)
* Database operations at scale (MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo, RDS)
* Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins
* Experience with application telemetry tools such as InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, or New Relic
* Experience with log aggregation and anomaly detection platforms such as Splunk, Sumologic, Graphite, CloudWatch, or ELK stack
* Operating in a developer-empowered environment where software delivery teams deploy and monitor their applications throughout the application lifecycle
* Big data platforms such as Cloudera, Vertica, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, or Elastic MapReduce
* Package management platforms such as npm, pip, Ruby gems, rpm, and others
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.