Small Equipment Operator 5/18/2017
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ, has an exciting opportunity for a Small Equipment Operator position for our Sarasota Facility.
1. Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
2. Operate small equipment including but not limited to forklifts, loaders, etc.
3. Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor and clean equipment as needed.
4. General labor duties that may include but not limited to: Sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment.
5. General duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
6. Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
7. Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment.
2. Minimum of 1 year previous experience operating small equipment.
3. Knowledge of equipment operating principles.
4. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
5. Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions.
6. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
7. Bilingual preferred.
8. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
9. Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
TMR is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Trademark Metals Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p