Social Worker - Cognitive Neurology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/24/2018
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Position available to join a group of seasoned clinicians delivering innovative comprehensive clinical care in a Cognitive Neurology, an interdisciplinary teaching practice. Unusual opportunity to use breadth of clinical skills to deliver acute interventions and dispositional planning as well as short and long term individual and group psychotherapy. Additional opportunities for teaching, supervising and continuing education as part of a dynamic Social Work Department.
Reporting to the social work manager/manager of clinical service area, and under clinical supervision, this position is responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, dispositional planning and triage and follow-up for adult patients and families referred by members of the Cognitive Neurology and ambulatory neurology team. Triage ability, CBT, brief focused therapy skills as well as individual/group therapy proficiency needed. Care provided for patients who age in range; all of neurological illness that result in changes in emotions, behavior and /or cognition. LICSW strongly preferred.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 22722BR
JOB SUMMARY: Under clinical supervision, responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned patient population. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe and effective patient care.
Reports to the social work manager / manager of clinical service area
* Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and efficient use of health care resources.
* Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria for identifying patients' needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care planning.
* Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate communication and documentation in medical record. Provides consultation and education regarding psycho-social issues affecting patient care. Advises and addresses ethical and risk management issues.
* Presents and/or discusses clinical work in formal and informal settings and seminars. Participates in CQI efforts and in After Hours Program as needed. Partners with advanced staff on research. Presents clinical material and theory at teaching conferences and seminars.
* Participates in clinical supervision as appropriate to level of professional development. Serves as a content resource for multidisciplinary staff; and mentor/trainer to less experienced staff. Encourages an environment of idea sharing and feedback. Seeks opportunities and implements goals for own professional development.
* Master's degree required in Social Work.
* License required: Lic Clinical Social Worker
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* New graduates and out of state MSW prepared Social Workers are expected to obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months of hire date. Will need to work under the direct clinical supervision by a licensed social worker and have all notes co-signed until license has been obtained.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Health care and/or human service experience.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus