Social Worker (LMSW) - Social Work Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/23/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Provide social work services in acute, ambulatory, rehabilitative, and long term care settings. Provide services for patients/residents with acute, chronic or terminal illnesses and their families. Address psychosocial problems of a more complex nature with multiple causative factors requiring an advanced level of professional practice skills. Services include identification of psychosocial needs, psychosocial assessment, pre-admission screening and admitting services for long term care patients, discharge planning, counseling, information and referral, protective services, and patient/resident education. Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team for patient/resident care. Duties may also include program development, evaluation, professional education, or supervision of students. Work under the regular supervision of the Director of Social Work Services or designee.
* Master s degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
* MO LMSW or MO LMSW eligible (LMSW eligible Social Workers must obtain linesures by completion of the introductory period of employment or within 90 days)
* Knowledge of theory and practice of social work at the MSW level and have basic research skills
* Must have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and with patients of various ages and cultural backgrounds
* Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Previous health care experience
* Medical social work experience in a hospital setting preferred
* Experience providing medical social work services across the age-span from pediatrics to geriatrics preferred
* Experience in psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, response to abuse/neglect, response to intimate partner violence, advance care planning, shared decision-making with patients, long-term planning, linkage with community resources, intervention in poverty, and discharge planning
* Experience working with patients who have experienced significant trauma
* Experience charting in an electronic medical record with strong typing and computer database skills
8:00AM - 4:30PM