Software Developer Data Visualization R&D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/22/2017
SAS software developers create the world s finest data analytical tools that provide our customers the power to know and understand even their largest and most complicated data. High quality software is at the core of our business, and we re looking for people who have the talent and dedication to keep our products the best.
Our product suites cover a broad spectrum of industries, so we look for people with interests across many domains, including: networking, databases, data processing, algorithms, compression, code generation, compilers and grammars, parallelized systems, memory optimization, mobile and web design, user-interface design and video game architectures.
In this role you will:
* Develop enterprise-quality data analytics products. This includes researching, designing, authoring, testing, revising and presenting software.
* Build and maintain automated systems for quality and performance analysis.
* Help internal customers use our software via documentation, presentations.
* Specialize in web application development.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
* Designs, writes and revises new or existing program language code; actively solicits the involvement of other developers to ensure integrity and cross-product consistency
* Performs testing of software; verifies, tracks, and fixes bugs; modifies software design, as necessary.
* Develops software tools in support of specific projects
* Discusses technical and design issues with users and customers; anticipates time needed to complete projects and assists in product scheduling.
* Designs, develops, and ensures quality of various prototype and demonstration systems.
* Prepares and conducts system and program tests requiring the interfacing of hardware and software.
* Determines hardware compatibility and develops compatible code as appropriate.
* Performs programming tasks including program design, coding, debugging, and documentation.
* Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field
* Strong problem solving skills
* Experience composing unit tests and using unit test frameworks
* Knowledge of Object Oriented programming
* Proficiency in Python
* Proficiency in C++
* Experience with WebAssembly
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn