Software Developer IV 10/11/2017
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Software Developer IV to drive the business by providing development and integration support to ensure business system applications deliver measurable value to the business. Provide support for specialized and ad hoc requests for research, technical information and customized or one-off solutions. This profession delivers to a future view of technical solutions and business process, managed by a delivery plan integrated with other IT and business areas, as well as to a roadmap that makes progress toward a future state. This profession ensures the ongoing health of the business systems, measured by agreed level of services.
This role is responsible for designing, creating, integrating and deploying an aggregation of business system applications that cooperate together to deliver overarching functionality of technology. That responsibility includes the entire software lifecycle, from ideation through end-of-life, for all applications that deliver value within business capabilities.
Essential Job Functions
* Systems analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support
* Codes application using a disciplined development process
* Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms
* Produces and analyzes data extracts and reports from system
* Develops, executes and documents test plans
* Lead deployment of new modules, applies upgrades and fixes to the production environment -- ensures production readiness; move to libraries, complete forms, completing version control documents
* Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/ results and other areas such as error handling and backup/ recovery procedures
* Provides technical and system knowledge and guidance to team members
* Supports major projects that span a broad range of applications -- acts as the IT lead and subject matter expert by providing technical direction to others
* Contributes to solutioning efforts with team, application owners, architects, business analysts and clients
* Evaluates new application packages and tools; research best practices and recommends solutions
* Identifies technical requirements, creates technical design specifications
* Creates technical sizing for requirements for small to large projects -- gains appropriate acceptance
* Communicates effectively with members of IT and the business areas in verbal and written forms
* Create technical designs from business requirements and functional specifications
* Serve as a development lead on projects, being the focal point for all development efforts on a project
* Work effectively in unfamiliar programs, processes and applications
* 5--7 years of application programming and analysis experience
* Proven knowledge of surrounding information systems and application architecture standards
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Required
* Required Technical Skills: COBOL, CICS, Eztrieve, MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, Xpediter
* Desired Technical Skills: SQL, Datacom, Endevor, Topaz (Compuware IDE), Sonar, MircoFocus Cobol, Remedyforce, Strobe, HTML, XML, and LIDP
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected? Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law, visit the following link for more information: