This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 5/23/2017
ALE USA Inc.
Software Development Engineer
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise USA Inc. ( ALE USA Inc. ) located in Calabasas, California is seeking a Software Development Engineer to perform the following job duties:
* Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
* Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing.
* Develops software and tools for Linux-based embedded software systems for managing, monitoring and controlling of customized high speed hardware and ASICS.
* Develops new Ethernet hardware modules and provides support for existing Ethernet modules for the OmniSwitch.
* Analyzes requirements specifications and produces software design documents based on specified requirements.
* Works with software quality assurance engineers and customer support engineers to solve errors and produce quality software releases.
Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as Senior Software Engineer, Lead Engineer or related. Qualified candidates must have prior work experience in the following:
* C programming and real-time operating system such as VxWorks or QNX.
* Layer 2 networking protocols such as 802.1d, 802.1q, and 802.1ad.
* Implementing Quality of Service and Traffic Management.
* Low-level ASIC and device drivers.
* Solaris/UNIX development environment, systems debugging experience using GDB or Tornado tools, memory management tools, and SNMP ASN.1 notation.
* Developing and testing embedded software.
* Programming on Linux operating systems.
* Networking technologies such as bridging, routing, vlans, and Ethernet.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.