Software Engineer - Fixed Networks Gainspeed
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/27/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
This position involves the following responsibilities.
Design, develop and maintain software covering data-path, provisioning, operational feedback and diagnostics functionality. Help bringup new systems, implement proposals, code, verify and work with system test on delivery of software features of a distributed cable access platform system. Participate in software architecture discussions and propose software architecture designs for new features. Perform end-to-end system data-path, provisioning and operational state testing including scalability, performance and reliability testing. Perform unit testing of new features developed. Perform root cause analysis of software errors and make appropriate corrections.
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Strong 'C' programming skills are mandatory, knowledge of Python would be an added advantage
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of general networking principles
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and peer reviews
- Experience working on Linux, low level device drivers, bring up of new hardware is a plus
- Experience in bring up, using oscilloscope/Logic Analyzer is a plus
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.