Software Engineer IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/9/2018
Maryland Heights, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Requisition : 17-1127
Title: Software Engineer IV
Location: MARYLAND HEIGHTS - MO
Will lead new software development efforts within the EA-18G Integrated Product Team (IPT) of the F/A-18 Mission Planning Organization. The lead will focus on the Airborne Electronic Attack aspects of the platform or will direct work on interfaces with the F/A-18 mission computer. Responsible for leading small teams (3-5 software engineers) to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for the F/A-18 Unique Planning Component (UPC) within the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS). Will also lead development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
* Leads the development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures in order to meet customer, technical, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology.
* Insures application of best practices.
* Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
* Participates in internal and external design reviews.
* Provides or supports technical leadership for project management including schedules, plans, and estimates.
* Prioritizes tasks and leads reviews.
* Assists project managers with risk management and progress reviews.
* Develops corrective action plans.
* Supports the development of software requirements and algorithms.
* Defines external interfaces.
* Leads software requirements trade studies.
* Performs software requirements change assessment.
* Supports requirements team lead in negotiating software interfaces and requirements.
* Participates in the development of fundamental approaches to projects and requirements for implementation.
* Leads development, maintainance and unit tests for software by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
* Leads peer reviews and process reviews.
* Leads integration/test efforts of complex systems, applying comprehensive knowledge of system domain areas to resolve complex integration issues.
* Performs defect investigations.
* Creates overall integration plans.
* Responsible for development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes regulations and industry standards.
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining research directions.
* Leads proposal efforts for particular domain areas and technology transfers.
* Pursues new research opportunities with internal and external organizations.
* Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
* Supports issue resolution for specific software systems.
* Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced employees.
* Will be client facing engineer who may travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Current DOD Secret clearance required before employment.
Preferred skills and/or experience:
* Expert level experience with VB.Net, C#, C++, JIRA, and SVN
* Electronic Attack or EA-18G Avionics experience
* Mission Planning experience
* Good verbal and written communication skills are essential