Software Engineer IV 10/11/2017
Maryland Heights, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Software Engineer IV
Will lead new software development efforts within the EA-18G Integrated Product Team (IPT) of the F/A-18 Mission Planning Organization. The lead will focus on the Airborne Electronic Attack aspects of the platform or will direct work on interfaces with the F/A-18 mission computer. Responsible for leading small teams (3-5 software engineers) to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for the F/A-18 Unique Planning Component (UPC) within the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS). Will also lead development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
* Leads the development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures in order to meet customer, technical, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology.
* Insures application of best practices.
* Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
* Participates in internal and external design reviews.
* Provide or support technical leadership for project management including schedules, plans, and estimates.
* Prioritizes tasks and leads reviews.
* Assist project managers with risk management and progress reviews.
* Develop corrective action plans.
* Supports the development of software requirements and algorithms.
* Defines external interfaces.
* Leads software requirements trade studies.
* Perform software requirements change assessment.
* Supports requirements team lead in negotiating software interfaces and requirements.
* Participates in the development of fundamental approaches to projects and requirements for implementation.
* Leads development, maintainance and unit tests for software by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
* Leads peer reviews and process reviews.
* Leads integration/test efforts of complex systems, applying comprehensive knowledge of system domain areas to resolve complex integration issues.
* Performs defect investigations.
* Creates overall integration plans.
* Responsible for development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes regulations and industry standards. .
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining research directions.
* Leads proposal efforts for particular domain areas and technology transfers.
* Pursues new research opportunities with internal and external organizations.
* Provide subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
* Supports issue resolution for specific software systems.
* Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced employees.
* Will be client facing engineer who may travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Current DOD Secret clearance required before employment.
Preferred skills and/or experience:
* Expert level experience with VB.Net, C#, C++, JIRA, and SVN
* Electronic Attack or EA-18G Avionics experience
* Mission Planning experience
* Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.