Software Engineer, Lead or Principal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Job Description: Software Engineer, Lead or Principal
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The compute infrastructure that enables this innovation and value is evolving to fully embrace lights-out operations, single-click deploy to tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
Salesforce is building out our compute infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
We are seeking an experienced and hands-on senior/lead software engineer to join a world-class team of highly motivated software engineers and infrastructure experts. Your charter will be to deliver high-quality infrastructure automation tools, frameworks, workflows, and validation platforms that help Salesforce scale infrastructure to meet the phenomenal growth we are experiencing.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer, you have deep technical knowledge of web-scale infrastructure systems and will be responsible for leading and contributing to key projects in design, development, and post-release support of platforms, data frameworks, and validation tools, that are used by a variety of internal teams at salesforce.com. You will work on complex scaling challenges as we move our customers to new infrastructures seamlessly.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, works efficiently in fast-paced ambiguous environments, is team driven, solves complex problems permanently, and has an affinity for data and a bias for action.
* Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt,
* Have strong, heartfelt opinions on CAP theorem, can sketch out four different consistency models on a single napkin and defend each of them, and understand Paxos, Raft, and Zookeeper at an implementation level.
* Familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design.
* Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware.
* Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters.
* Agilista capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
* Directly influence our journey towards zero-touch, highly scalable, reliable infrastructure services.
* Provide technical and architectural leadership in a global and diverse organization.
* Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of effort, code, and process.
* Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure on which the Salesforce service runs.
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
* Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members.
* Provide mentorship to other team members and partner with other SMEs across the organization
* Develop software services to manage DNS, DHCP, IP Allocation Management infrastructure in a distributed systems environment
* Write clean, reusable, testable REST Oriented Architecture code in an agile environment
* Work closely with a cross-functional team of software developers, quality engineers, network engineers and system administrators to define the tools, processes, and implementation to support fast iteration software development
* Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or other project leaders
* Participate in on-call rotation to support the team's software service
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 7 years object-oriented coding experience
* Experience in Golang/Python or C++
* Experience building and maintain continuous integration tests. Jenkins, Puppet, and Python experience a plus
* Experience developing, using, and maintaining REST services and clients.
* General understanding of the functions and management of network services including DNS and DHCP
* Experience using Infoblox devices and their WAPI interface is a plus
* Working experience with source code management, testing frameworks, code packaging, and build/release processes
* Strong Linux system administration skills
* Good communication skills
* Strong troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stack
* BS Degree in Computer Science or technical field preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.