This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONNEWMARK GRUBB KNIGHT FRANK (NGKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. This is an entry-level role providing opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best industry professionals. Interested candidates should be highly-motivated with some experience in software programming.
While we place importance on keen technical knowledge and experience, we place equal priority on personality, attitude and potential. We have developed a unique culture underpinned by a strong set of core values and therefore it is vital that new recruits fit into this ethos.
Create and provide technical leadership to manage complex client and internal challenges with the additional skills to translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models for our clients commercial real estate portfolio needs. Work with a broad range of subject matter experts to develop applications which will be deployed and used by clients and out internal teams. Responsible for scoping, designing, building, and deploying applications with a customer focused mindset. Ongoing development of the online platform that is used across all areas of real estate portfolios. Develop custom client applications. Responsible for internal training of custom applications. Quality Assurance (QA) and management of the Development Life Cycle.
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
COTS software design and configuration
Testing of high-integrity software systems
Exposure to marquee name clients
First level technical support
As part of our structured apprentice program, candidates: experience the proper techniques to configure an IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management System) application; understand the full software configuration release cycle from design through development to deployment; contribute to each aspect of the lifecycle of a project; execute within an agile, test driven development environment; build, execute, and debug functional and technical tests for company supported applications; be exposed to a variety of functional domains, high-profile clients, as well as teams and departments within the company. Successful individuals will become proficient in configuring IWMS applications that lead to a career path in software engineering at NGKF and have immediate opportunities for career growth.
Top individuals will be given an opportunity to advance into one of several positions at NGKF to support TRIRIGA systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Working knowledge of Object Oriented programming/configuration and concepts
* Minimum 2 years software development experience either in job offered or as Developer.
* Foundation knowledge in HTML and XML
* Experience building active/production web applications and/or websites
* Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, .Net, Java, Ajax
* Understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes: Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
* Experience with RDBMS - Primary Keys, Foreign Keys
* Basic data modeling skills
* Master s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge of agile and test driven development processes is desirable
* Metadata-driven definitional development experience is a plus
* Understand Database Management Systems (DBMS) like Oracle and SQL Server
* Knowledge on how to write SQL statements
* IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management System) experience
* CAFM (Computer-Aided Facility Management) experience
* CAD (Computer-Aided Design) experience (i.e. AutoCAD, Microstation).
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS:
* Have long-sustaining positive can do attitude
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Have self-motivated confidence without being ego-centric
* Enjoy working with and supporting a team
* Excellent in both verbal and written communication
* Innovate solutions to technical problems
* Flexible and adaptive to the role and job expectation
* Consistent on-time delivery of assignments
* Consistent at setting expectations for when assignments are to be met
* Willingness to learn new concepts beyond what is expected
* Ability to plan and organize effectively
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.