Software Engineer 9/20/2017
North Hills, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Analysis of business requirements; architecture and design of software systems; coding; unit and system testing; versatility with multiple technologies; ability to quickly learn and use new technologies; troubleshooting of difficult problems; expertise with the software lifecycle; scoping and estimation of projects; and writing of technical documentation. This position is based in North Hills, NY.
* Software development
* Coordinates work with business, team members and other teams
* Communication with management and other teams
* Reporting of status and risks
* Working effectively with internal partners
* Provide technical guidance to less experienced peers
* Works under minimal supervision
* Provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
* Can be relied on to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
* The responsibilities may include researching existing Open Source solutions and recommending for possible adaptation for DealerTrack software platform.
* 3-4 years of total experience in object oriented web development (OOD)
* Experience with at least one of the technology: 2+ years of experience with Python, 2+ years with Django or similar. Must have some web development experience.
* Experience with both UI and backend development including using one ORM technology
* Experience with IBM datapower or similar is a huge plus
* Understanding Web Services is a plus
* Knowledge on Oracle is a plus.
* Experience with Apache is a plus
* Experience using development tools include source control (Git, Mercurial), IDEs, and defect tracking tools is a plus
* Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies is essential
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* 3-4 years of related work experience.
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.