This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 4/4/2018
North Hills, NY
Analysis of business requirements; architecture and design of software systems; coding; unit and system testing; versatility with multiple technologies; ability to quickly learn and use new technologies; troubleshooting of difficult problems; expertise with the software lifecycle; scoping and estimation of projects; and writing of technical documentation. This position is based in North Hills, NY.
* Software development
* Coordinates work with business, team members and other teams
* Communication with management and other teams
* Reporting of status and risks
* Working effectively with internal partners
* Provide technical guidance to less experienced peers
* Works under minimal supervision
* Provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
* Can be relied on to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
* The responsibilities may include researching existing Open Source solutions and recommending for possible adaptation for DealerTrack software platform.
* 3-4 years of total experience in object oriented web development (OOD)
* Experience with at least one of the technology: 2+ years of experience with Python, 2+ years with Django or similar. Must have some web development experience.
* Experience with both UI and backend development including using one ORM technology
* Experience with IBM datapower or similar is a huge plus
* Understanding Web Services is a plus
* Knowledge on Oracle is a plus.
* Experience with Apache is a plus
* Experience using development tools include source control (Git, Mercurial), IDEs, and defect tracking tools is a plus
* Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies is essential
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* 3-4 years of related work experience.
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.