Software Engineer, Senior, Infrastructure Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Job Description: Software Engineer, Senior, Infrastructure Engineering
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salesforce hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The compute infrastructure is evolving to fully embrace lights-out operations, single-click deploy to tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
Salesforce is building out our compute infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
* Develop software services to manage DNS, DHCP, IP Allocation Management infrastructure in a distributed systems environment
* Write clean, reusable, testable REST APIs in an agile environment
* Work closely with a cross-functional team of software developers, network engineers, and system engineers to define the tools, processes, and implementation to support agile software development
* Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system)
* Participate in on-call rotation to support the team's live site services
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 5 years object-oriented coding experience in Go/Python/C++.
* Experience developing, using, and maintaining REST services and clients.
* General understanding of the functions and management of network services including DNS and DHCP
* Experience building and maintaining continuous integration tests. Jenkins and Puppet experience a plus
* Experience using Infoblox devices and their WAPI interface is a plus
* Working experience with source code management, testing frameworks, code packaging, and build/release processes
* Familiarity with Linux OS environments
* Good communication skills
* Strong troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stack
* BS Degree in Computer Science or technical field preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.