This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a member of the Protocols team, you will play a key role in design and development of rich features in SMB/CIFS/NFS protocol server, as well as the new state of art S3 Server! You will also have an opportunity to contribute on the Security/Authentication module. You will gain experience in building highly scalable systems with high quality, and develop excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills. You will also gain knowledge on various aspects of the CIFS/S3/NFS protocol, and contribute to multiple, complex technical projects.
This position requires an individual to be creative, a self starter, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to lead small teams or projects.
Areas of focus will be CIFS/S3/Authentication/NFS.
- Work on implementation and verification of systems/subsystems
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers that involve several interdependencies
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Provide team and project technical leadership
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide mentorship to more junior engineers
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to meet goals and high quality standards
- Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly with mentorship from a technical leader
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- A deep understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined
- The individual works on complex problems with partially defined, larger scope
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- The individual will begin to develop a technical specialty
- Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required
- Work independently
- Successfully convey information to partners at many levels related to the position
- Participate as an active contributor and domain expert on team projects
- Demonstrate favorable results through mentoring and influencing others
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.