This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/30/2018
Ad Hoc, LLC
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
We re looking for driven, creative, and passionate engineers who love solving challenging technical problems and want their work to make a difference; who care passionately about the art of software engineering, the quality and maintainability of code, and the lives of present and future Americans.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
* 1+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
* Programming in a major open source language, such as Ruby, Python, Go, or Java.
* Legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
* Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
* Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, RDS, and CloudFormation.
* Experience with deployment, provisioning, and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
* Experience with SAML or OAuth.
Ad Hoc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
* Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
* Vanguard 401K plan
* Unlimited vacation
* Continuing education benefits
* Annual conference attendance benefit
Ad Hoc does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.