Software Engineering - NFS Protocols
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a software engineer in the NFS Protocols organization of NetApp, you will be part of a team of highly talented people who are experts at industry standard NFS protocol. NetApp is an industry leader in the NAS business and the NFS team of engineers contributes to the success of NetApp in the NAS business area. NFS stack of NetApp is trusted in the industry for its reliability, performance, scalability and availability. Feature rich NFS stack combined with OnTap The storage operating system of NetApp with its rich data management capabilities have tremendous value to our customers and are used in mission critical applications across the world. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development. This position will focus on developing functionality which will enable NFS as a service in the cloud.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers that involve several inter-dependencies
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- A strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Knowledge of Filesystems
- Experience with file/cloud protocols (NFS/CIFS/S3)
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Looking for candidates interested in systems, kernel programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards. Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly with guidance from a technical leader
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more inter-dependencies and with processes that are less defined
- The individual works on complex problems with partially defined, larger scope
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- The individual will begin to develop a technical specialty
- Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required
- Work independently with minimal guidance from other Senior members in the team
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- 5+ years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.