Software QA Engineer 10/11/2017
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
As a Software QA Engineer you will be part of a motivated engineering team that is responsible for ensuring the quality of the QualysGuard Suite of on-demand cloud based security solutions. This opening is your chance to work in the rapidly expanding field of computer security, in a public company with excellent customer ratings and outstanding growth rates.
* Work closely with the engineering team to understand product architecture and functionality.
* Understand end-to-end testing requirements and maintain test plan for functionality and system testing.
* Strongly contribute to Test Case/Test script writing.
* Contribute in Test Automation Development/Enhancement.
* Participate in the creation and enhancement of the continuous integration platform used to test all our projects.
* Communicate test results to identify risks, dependencies and escalate the same in timely manner.
* 3+ years experience in QA/ QA Automation role in product company.
* Experience in Java/Python/Perl programming
* Strong understanding of generic test automation frameworks (data-driven, key-word driven) and tools ( JMeter, Cucumber).
* Experience with Web application standards (Web services, XML, JSON, HTTP, HTTPs) and API testing.
* Good understanding of JSP/Web Technologies/Web Architecture
* Strong knowledge of SaaS model / cloud delivered application testing
* Good understanding of Database concepts and good working knowledge with Oracle, PLSQL & JDBC.
* Experience with Test and defect management tools
* Excellent analytical and program solving skills, excellent written and oral communication, self-starter and highly motivated.
* Work in a dynamic environment and ability to adapt quickly to changes.
* Good understanding on Splunk.
Additional Skills Desired:
* Previous experience as developer or exposure to white box testing is desirable.
* Experience in Security domain is an advantage.
* Prior experience of working with a globally distributed team is a plus.
* Comfortable working in an Agile environment
Qualys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.