Software Quality Assurance - Spring 2018 Co op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin the team that's transforming the way the world communicates!
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Spring co op: January to August ( 8 months) Business Group Description:
* Perform testing of new line cards, media adapters and platform features on the 7750 SR product family
* Automate test cases and suites in a standard regression environment (Linux-based)
* Work closely with testers and developers to investigate and resolve issues
* Verify software bug fixes
* Monitor regression to ensure that new code does not break existing functionality
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
* A curiosity to learn, reverse engineer, and tear apart a feature or a design (i.e., research and understand your area inside and out in order to test it thoroughly)
* Solid programming skills (TCL/TK an asset)
* Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Quick learner, self starter, able to work independently
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability
* Passion for quality
* Desire to work with new cutting-edge hardware
* Knowledge of some of the IP networking protocols
* Experience with test automation
* Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
Qualifications Education i.e. Bachelors, Masters etc.
DESIRED: Bachelors completed and enrolled in Masters program
PREFERRED DEGREE/MAJOR: CS, EE and Telecom Systems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Virtualization, Routing, Programming
Real world work experience in networking, computer science or related field
* Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college/university
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Able to work from the Mountain View, CA office or Naperville , IL office
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.