Solution Architect Director - Retail
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/10/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Are you a Retail front office subject matter expert who is equally capable of discussing business use cases and technical solutions* Are you excited about the driving forces that are changing the landscape in Retail* Are you a visionary thinker with demonstrable experience of solutions development that can help to take our Retail business to the next level*
If so, we are seeking an innovative and passionate Solution Architect Director who shares our vision of bringing the power of cloud computing to Retailers globally.
The Solution Architect works closely with the Retail Industry Team, Field Sales Teams, Product Teams and our Retail customers and partners to understand the needs of the industry and where Salesforce fits among other enterprise technologies, as well as the technical requirements that are common to the industry and those that are unique to specific accounts.
The Solution Architect is responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of cloud based solutions and technologies. These technologies include, but are not limited to: Salesforce Applications and APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Amazon Web Services, mobile development technologies, and ETL technologies. It also requires that the Solution Architect maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the Retail industry and its related processes and the cloud-computing ecosystem. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills, the Solution Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the Salesforce Industries Team design solutions that fit the industry, while supporting sales teams to develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce solution fit.
* Work closely with Product Management, Solution Engineers, Product Marketing Managers, Alliances and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
* Update, maintain and align the Retail Industry Blueprint with our Retail Industry Solutions portfolio, partner selection process, product roadmaps and corporate development inquiries
* Participate in Retail Industry technology forums in order to align Blueprint with relevant industry standards and regulations
* Understand the landscape of third-party solutions, partner offerings, data sources, and middleware providers, and establish best practices for their integration with Salesforce-based solutions.
* Collaborate with our Solution Engineers and Demo Engineering teams to define and build a portfolio of retail industry demo assets; ensure demo assets are updated with new product features as they are made available
* Define compelling product & solution demos that support our Retail GTM Solutions and in support of key events
* Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and internal field sales teams.
* Contribute excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience
* 5+ years' experience working in a corporate Retail industry role and 3+ years of solution engineering, or consulting with a technology company where you served retailers.
* Deep understanding of the following key Retail Systems and potential integration points with the Salesforce platform: point of sale, e-commerce, CRM, merchandising, inventory management, marketing, store operations, supply chain and delivery.
* Familiarity with Retail & B2C data models, architectures and integration patterns
* Awareness of various regulations and limitations on data sharing, privacy, etc that may affect solution design and architecture recommendations
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership, participating in sales pursuits, and handling sensitive customer escalations
* Excellent client facing skills with the ability to understand clients' needs and translate those into valuable solutions.
* Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great solutions across multiple channels
* Experience working with a geographically distributed team
* Visionary thinker with demonstrable experience of thought leadership and knowledge of the Retail sector.
* Knowledge of and experience working with Salesforce products in a Retail context such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and App Cloud.
* Relationships with key partners in Retail ecosystem, both ISVs and Strategic Integrators a plus
* Deep experience with the Salesforce technology in Retail.
* San Francisco or surrounding metro area
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.