Solutions Architect 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Responsible for the ownership (architecture/design/implementation) of complex software components and systems
- Lead the team during software architecture and design
- Coach and mentor the team on software best practices (design, coding, troubleshooting, work breakdown, work estimation, refactor strategies, automated testing, etc.)
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, other team managers and teams.
- Partner with our Product Owner and Engineering Manager to plan work prioritization
Act as the lead engineer for the OnCloud team.
Additional duties, including but not limited to:
- Code reviews
- Agile practices
- Estimating work
- Communicating critical information across teams and acting as a liaison.
- Acting as an individual contributor.
- Delivering code in a timely manner with a proper balance between business needs and development nice-to-haves.
- Helping define:
- Code standards
- Unit testing
- Development branching
- Prior ownership of complex software components and systems (architecture/design/implementation)
- Expertise in running software as a service
- Solid programming skills in multiple languages (.NET, nodejs, C#, Java, Javscript, etc.)
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to effectively coach and mentor the team on software best practices (design, coding, troubleshooting, refactor strategies, automated testing, etc.)
- Exceptional teamwork and communication across multiple teams and disciplines to evangelize the architecture and the roadmap
- A Bachelor's degree is computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional software development experience of which 5+ years of proven track record as a technical lead of software projects from inception to successful releas
- 3+ years experience working in an Agile team including Scrum, Kanban or X
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 15+ years of professional software development experience of which 5+ years as a technical lead or architect
- Knowledge of IP telephony, protocol-level IP network and two-way radio
- Understanding of H.323, SIP, and audio CODECs
- Experience with AWS technologies
We are a small agile startup team, with the resources of a big company. Motorola Solutions is known around the world for innovation in Enterprise Mobility, Public Safety and Wireless Infrastructure. We are leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Our software is used by demanding organizations worldwide and we have very high quality of craftsmanship and standards. Your professionalism lets you learn quickly, adapt to changing situations, help others, and take care of the details.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.