SON Performance Optimization Engineer 3/21/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Works in senior engineering role in product, system or technology program in SW/HW/System Design or Integration & Verification. Is the highly respected expert with long term experience from previous product or technology programs.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY AREA:
The SON Performance Optimization Engineer is a seasoned Wireless Network Performance Optimization expert with a wealth of technical experience in wireless industry. The candidate will work with operators, SON systems engineers, software developers and product managers to introduce new
SON features for Nokias EdenNET product into live multivendor wireless networks.
Responsibilities include deep technical understanding of the product features, analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate feature performance, creation and presentation of reports, and FOA test plan
* Customer facing lead SON feature First Office Applications (FOAs) tests and analysis:
* Execute FOAs in live operator networks while monitoring network performance
* Analyze new SON feature performance and identifying areas of improvement.
* Create and present reports on FOA status and results of analysis to Operators.
* For intermediary results during regular customerfacing meetings
* Final FOA report, triggering the General Availability
* Work with the Feature Owners to understand features in depth.
* Define field test plans for the feature under FOA.
* Opening Information
* Ensure the technical interface with customers during the whole extend of the FOA.
* Liaise with the R&D (System Design, Product Management, Development) for correction / improvement of existing features and definition of new SON Features.
* Support deep-dive presentations to operator customers, requiring R&D details
* Assist with characterization of behavior of SON Modules in lab and live network environments
* Analyze large data sets to identify opportunities for further improvement of SON capabilities and evolution of the SON product.
* Assist with execution of system performance tests and analysis of SON use cases for mainstream wireless systems (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE evolutions, IoT, 5G).
* 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and optimization of UMTS or LTE networks.
* 2G/3G/4G RF network optimization and troubleshooting processes knowledge and experience with at least two of Nokia, Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent, Huawei, ZTE, or Samsung RAN Products.
* Able to analyze KPIs to aid in investigation and resolution of network quality problems.
* Experience with tuning of RAN configuration parameters.
* Knowledge of Layer 3 messaging and traces (e.g. GPEH, Megamon, CHR) and use for troubleshooting, analysis and optimization.
* Experience with radio propagation planning and optimization of coverage footprint and services.
* Established track record as a problem solver and effective team player
* Working knowledge of 3GPP standards
* Knowledge of Core Network Elements is a plus
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field Master is a plus
* Expert written and communications skills
* Seasoned user of Microsoft Office applications (MSOutlook, MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint as a minimum)
* Experience with at least one programming languages: C, C , Java, Python is a plus
* Eligible to work in the United States and travel internationally (