Specialist - Equipment Mechanical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
Burns Harbor, IN
* Interact with other discipline equipment specialists & asset maintenance team members, as well as operations & technology resources to manage asset performance
* Act as the Process Equipment Expert, with detailed craft specific equipment knowledge (Process Equipment Depth, Craft Breadth).
* Develop and improve the discipline specific portion of the technically based World Class Equipment Reliability Program for assigned equipment
* Responsible for the content of the WCER program incorporating equipment maintenance and control standards driven by product characteristics, customer and quality requirements, equipment life expectations, serviceability, and cost.
* Health & Safety - safety, efficiency, & effectiveness of discipline specific inspection routes & documentation
* Maintenance Program Development - initiation of & participation in Work Identification processes; develop & maintain inspection routes & indicators complete with severity states & alarms; participate in Asset Prioritization; maintain asset hierarchy in Tabware/EXP Planning
* Job Planning - plan & schedule inspections in TabWare/EXP for improvement & optimization; maintain asset hierarchy in TabWare/EXP; execute minor area improvement projects that are small in scope, low in cost, & high in value; act as a point of escalation for reactive work; provides technical direction to non-resident resource job leaders (internal & external) for work on area equipment
* Follow-up - equipment monitoring & diagnosis, initiate corrective work; assess work execution following completion; acknowledges alarms generated by inspections & determine appropriate follow-up actions
* Assess - manage the discipline specific maintenance budget & cost performance for the specified equipment; monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI s); review daily equipment performance
* Resource Control - participate in developing & reviewing the risk based spares & procurement strategy; responsible for all other duties/responsibilities as may be required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* 2 years experience in steel operations or other industrial experience
* High School Diploma
* Must be able to work a rotating shift in a multi-level organization which operates 24/7
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* 2 years experience in Hot Rolling
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or MET
* Experience with RCM, EXP, and Facilitator
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. .