Specialist in Cultured Reconstituted Human Skin 10/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SPECIALIST IN CULTURED RECONSTITUTED HUMAN SKIN APPLY NOW TO SPECIALIST IN CULTURED RECONSTITUTED HUMAN SKIN
* SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Dermatology
Open date: October 6th, 2017
Last review date: October 31st, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled. Final date: April 6th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist in Cultured Reconstituted Human Skin
Work Schedule: 9:45 AM 6:15 PM (with some flexibility) plus occasional evening and weekends
A cancer biology laboratory at the UCSF Mission Bay campus is looking to appoint a Junior or Assistant Specialist to isolate and expand primary human skin cells for the study of melanocyte biology and melanoma initiation. We are looking for a highly-motivated independent thinker who can eventually take advantage of opportunities for independent research. The appointee will be responsible for deriving keratinocytes, melanocytes and dermis from donated tissue, for conducting three-dimensional skin culture, and for general lab management support (e.g. ordering, organization, etc).
* Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of equivalent research experience with instrumentation and research equipment.
* Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of experience demonstrating expertise in the relevant specialization.
* Significance experience with primary mammalian cell culture.
* All requirements must be met by the start date.
* At least a 1.5 year commitment is required.
* Experience with primary human keratinocyte cell culture, primary human melanocyte cell culture and/or generation of in vitro reconstituted skin is preferred.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01646.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Francisco, CA
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
HOW TO APPLY
* Create an ApplicantID
* Provide required information and documents
Get started: press Apply Now
Apply now to Specialist in Cultured Reconstituted Human Skin
Questions* Contact the hiring department
Already applied* Log in to your application
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement.
The University of California, San Francisco is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.