Spectrum News - NY1 Creative Services & Graphics Internship - Spring 2018
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT NY1 NEWSOn September 8, 1992, a new form of media NY1 News was launched. NY1 is a 24-hour news channel, serving New York City's five boroughs, parts of Westchester and Hudson Valley as well as Bergen and Hudson Counties in NJ. Available exclusively to more than 2 million cable subscribers on Channel 1 on Time Warner Cable systems, NY1 covers the city with more than 40 full-time reporters and is completely dedicated to New York City news and information.NY1 expanded into New York City's Latino community by launching the city's first 24-hour Spanish-language news channel, NY1 Noticias in June 2003. Since its inception, NY1 News has become an indispensable community asset and is now the model for cable news channels nationwide. By combining innovative technology with a strong commitment to reporting, NY1 presents viewers with the most comprehensive New York City news, sports, weather, business and features.For New Yorkers, New York 1 is the only local news worth watching.INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMARYWe offer opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about and gain valuable experience in the broadcast environment. The following departments are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media. Creative Services (promotions/marketing/public relations): Interns will assist producers with production of promotions, screen promotion footage and graphic elements, and occasionally accompany producers on shoots. Interns will also work on the NY1 Community Calendar and assist with clerical duties as needed. Graphics:
- Gain an understanding of how to create on-air designs in a fast-paced news environment
- Be challenged with creating unique designs for News and Promotions while maintaining the design integrity of the corporate brand.
- Refine skills and learn new techniques using Adobe Creative Cloud versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign.
- Gain experience in the creation of Marketing collateral such as web banners and print ads OTHER NY1 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:News & Features: Departments looking for interns include : General News, Local Edition, Political Unit, Education, Transit, Health, NY1.com, NY1 Noticias, NY1 Noticias Pura Pol tica, The Call, Living (Features)Technical:
- Video Editing
- Technical Operation
- Engineering Candidates for internships MUST:
- Receive academic credit. (This is an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.)
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic and have a demonstrated interest in the industry.
- Be able to commit to 16-20 hours per week.
- Coursework or previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.APPLICATION PROCEDURESInterested students can follow the links above or go to https://jobs.spectrum.com/ and search NY1 Intern . To be considered applicants MUST list the position or positions they are interested in obtaining and rationale for selecting this/these area(s) in a cover letter which should be uploaded as part of the SAME DOCUMENT as their resume.For more information on the positions including how to apply go to https://jobs.spectrum.com/Charter supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D