Spectrum Retail Account Executive III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Spectrum Retail Account Executive III is responsible for the acquisition of new authorized retailers for the purpose of increasing Charter's presence and distribution. In this role your key responsibility will be to build strong relationships within the dealer community and in turn, drive sales and market share while protecting and growing revenue. You will be responsible to proactively manage the day-to-day relationships with assigned retailers to ensure that they are selling Charter products and services at all times. You will also be expected to prospect, present Charter benefits and services, negotiate and execute contracts and train and ramp up sales with new and existing authorized retailers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Prospect- Market Development - Acquire authorized retailers by actively prospecting through cold calls, lead, networking, and visits. Convert opportunities by presenting and selling the Charter Authorized Retailer Program
- Negotiate- Negotiate and execute agreements with authorized retailers to actively display/sell Charter services. Collect required documentation and interact with administration with the on boarding process
- Relationships- Build and maintain relationships with dealer management and sales associates. Regular site visits to strengthen our partnership and promote growth within the program
- Training- Conduct presentations for dealer management to educate and train their sales representatives in the sale and promotion of Charter products. Serve as company expert on product knowledge, product mix, and coverage area and pricing. Communicate promotions and changes in rates and activation procedures. Maintain dealer compliance on program rules and restrictions
- Customer Service Issues- Provide superior customer service by resolving billing and/or service problems for assigned accounts and their customers. Deliver ongoing customer support to the dealers including address maintenance, issue tracks, sales claims, and sales offer issues
- Administrative- Deliver regular installation and sales reports to dealers. Daily monitoring of cancelled reports, monthly sales numbers, and TPV compliance. Deliver goals and priorities as directed by Management. Timely and accurately enter activity and tasks in into the company CRM (Salesforce). Provide reports to Supervisor including feedback on activities, Authorized Retailer performance, success of various tactics, problems, etc.
- Personal Development & Knowledge- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through ongoing professional development, networks, training and professional publications, benchmarking state-of-the-art selling practices
- Sales Goals - Accomplish sales results for all product lines as planned. The Retail Account Executive performance will largely be based off of their monthly sales goals and growth of assigned accounts
- Attend Meetings- Attend regularly scheduled sales meetings as required by supervisor at the regional officeREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Demonstrates ability to perform sales and demonstration presentations
- Knowledge of cable television products and servicesEducation
College coursework in sales and/or marketing, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 2 years Account Management experience
- 3 years outside sales experience
- 2 years Industry specific experience in cable, internet, and telephony products
- Certifications and/or Licenses - Valid driver's license and carPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bilingual - Spanish
- Approximately 75% of time spent acquiring new business both outside and in an office environment.
- Approximately 25% of the time managing existing Authorized Retailer to grow the business
- Some weekend and evening work is possible
- Traveling including possible overnight stays