Sr. Analyst and Survey Specialist, Talent Insights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/27/2018
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. ANALYST & SURVEY SPECIALIST, TALENT INSIGHTS - Symantec HQ, Mountain View, CA
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Talent Insights team
The goal of Symantec s Talent Insights team is to execute powerful talent insights that shape strategy, drive action, and track progress toward talent goals by partnering with leadership, developing the right analytics, and leveraging technology.
As the Sr. Analyst on Symantec s Talent Insights team, you will develop intelligence and insights about the organization and employee population to help drive data-driven decisions that impact the business. You will play an integral role in developing and presenting survey results, key metrics, and analyses to HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and leadership.
* Develop and administer employee surveys to gain intelligence around employee engagement, experience, hiring, terminations, and other key points in the employee life cycle.
* Analyze data from surveys and our organizational structure using both databases queries and statistical tests (such as multiple regression).
* Create analytical reports with visually compelling charts and graphs. Prepare decks and dashboards or reports to identify key trends, patterns, as well as identify actionable items and recommendations.
* Work closely with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and others to provide HR data analyses and insights to support key initiatives, such as attrition reduction, workforce planning, recruitment, succession planning, talent management, and diversity.
* Assist in driving the development of key deliverables across various segments of the business.
* MA in Industrial-Organizational psychology (strongly preferred), psychology, economics, or related field.
* 2+ years of experience with survey research and statistical data analysis in a business environment.
* Technical capabilities: experience with Excel, survey platforms (e.g., Survey Monkey or UltiPro), databases (e.g., Access) statistical tools (e.g., SAS or SPSS), and general data architecture and data visualization.
* Familiarity with statistical tests such as ANOVAs, factor analyses, and multiple regression.
* Ability to translate complex data analyses and research principles into insights that can be understood by a broader audience.
* Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers at various levels of the organization.
* Strong commitment to data integrity and continuous process improvement.
* Strong attention to detail. Skilled at manipulating and managing large, complex databases, spreadsheets and queries and generating organizational metrics to assist with business decisions.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills. Capable of building and leveraging networks across various levels and functions at Symantec.
* Proficient project management skills.
* Consultation skills to determine needs, make recommendations, and guide decision-making.
* Creative problem-solving to generate new perspectives and innovative solutions.
* Creates and seizes opportunities to win, even when faced with ambiguity. True passion for results. Able to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
* Display professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive information.
Preferred additional qualifications
* PhD in I/O psychology or a related field.
* Advanced Excel skills such as VBA coding.
* Experience with BI tools (e.g., Qlivkiew or Power BI) and HRM systems (e.g., Workday).
* Certification in project management (PMP) or Six Sigma.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.