Sr Compliance Analyst 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for reviewing, conducting, documenting, monitoring, investigating, evaluating and reporting in support of Company s NERC Reliability and ISO compliance strategies for generation plants in the NERC Regions. Evaluates approved NERC standards, communications, internal policies, procedures, controls and identifies areas for improvement. Provides support to fellow Calpine employees to facilitate an effective and efficient process for compliance with NERC Reliability standards. Provides services in the area of support, analysis, training and at the more senior levels, managing compliance projects. Review documentation of activities according to requirements of NERC standards. Prepares and submits response to periodic data request by NERC Regional Entities, ISOs and provide compliance status report to leadership.
* Comprehensive knowledge in NERC compliance
* Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience.
* Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function, but not yet an expert in all.
* Develop and conduct (or participate in) internal assessments and/or spot checks for the NERC Compliance Program and risk assessment process, including reporting and oversight of corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Provides day to day support of Registered Entities and ensures corporate compliance with applicable NERC standards and requirements.
* Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
* May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
* Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
* Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
* Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects; may coordinate work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
* Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
* Journey- level; typically 5+ years of experience in compliance administration
* Requires previous knowledge of NERC
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm