Sr Compliance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/7/2018
Responsible for preparing, reviewing, documenting, monitoring, managing and reporting in support of company s regulatory program requirement for generation plants.
Evaluates current requirements, communications, internal policies, procedures, controls and identifies areas for improvement.
Provides support to fellow Calpine employees to facilitate an effective and efficient process for compliance.
Provides services in the area of documentation review, support, analysis, training and at the more senior levels, managing compliance projects.
Interact with local, regional and federal agencies for periodic data requests, reporting and inquiries, and provide compliance status to the leadership.
* Comprehensive knowledge of energy markets.
* Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience in regulatory or compliance.
* Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function, but not yet an expert in all.
* Provides day to day support of Registered Entities and ensures corporate compliance with applicable local, regional and federal requirements.
* Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
* May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
* Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
* Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
* Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* May serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects.
* Communicates, interacts and coordinate work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
* Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* 5+ years of experience in compliance administration
* Previous knowledge of compliance/regulatory in energy markets is a plus
* Working knowledge of trading and reporting system
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm