Sr. Curriculum Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
SENIOR CURRICULUM DEVELOPER
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the global leader of Cloud e-commerce solutions that enable the world's most recognized brands to easily design and deploy robust e-commerce sites across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Cloud platform to optimize implementation timelines, manage multiple e-commerce stores, initiate marketing campaigns and drive e-commerce traffic on a global scale.
The Salesforce Commerce Cloud Curriculum Development team designs and develops product training courses for customers, partners, and employees to learn how to effectively code, design, and deploy Commerce Cloud solutions.
Curriculum developers must be comfortable designing for technical roles (programmers, architects, technical support, administrators), as well as business users. They will do this by utilizing formal instructional design principles and adult learning theory combined with an understanding of software development concepts.
Needs Assessment and Curriculum Strategy
Work cross-functionally to determine learning requirements and develop curriculum strategies that support job enablement for the appropriate persona.
* Work with key project stakeholders, and subject matter experts to identify, understand, and validate educational needs related to product launches, changes to existing products, and advances in product technology.
* Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to validate training effectiveness.
* Actively participate in the development and implementation of learning strategies and curriculum plans to support learners' growth and development.
* Remain current with advances in learning technology and find creative ways to apply them to new and existing content.
Course Development and Implementation
Use Salesforce Commerce Cloud University development process, standards, and tools to create high-quality learning solutions that meet course objectives, business requirements, and technical requirements.
* Apply project management techniques to support the full course development lifecycle.
* Work both independently and cross-functionally with subject matter experts to identify and develop effective course content, realistic examples, and appropriate hands on activities or other practice opportunities.
* Research potential course content by collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting technical documentation and course materials.
* Create training that satisfies the needs of a specific persona at a specific position within the persona's overall learning path.
* Create course elements (including text, graphics, audio, demonstrations, simulations, and exercises) that promote learning and retention.
* Manage curriculum review, testing, and evaluation to identify areas for continuous improvement of our curriculum.
* Work with subject matter experts to write certification test questions that support course objectives and certification standards.
* Facilitate course hand-off to technical trainers and provide delivery guidance.
* Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications, English, Education, Instructional Design or equivalent.
* 5+ years experience designing and developing software-related courses for a technical audience.
* Proven experience conducting needs assessments and evaluations.
* Proven ability to develop educational content for variety of modalities such as ILT, vILT and eLearning.
* Excellent analytical skills with a strong aptitude for creating training for both a technical audience and a business user audience. This should include some form of technical writing (documenting programming languages, web development, software products, databases, or operating systems).
* Experience with all phases of course development: inception, design, development, production, testing, and evaluation.
* Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented individual who shows initiative.
* A Master's Degree in Instructional Design or a related field.
* Graphic design skills.
* Background in eCommerce or SaaS, or experience in the retail industry.
* Experience administering a learning management system (LMS) or other content management system.
Salesforce is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, Vietnam-era, special veteran, or any other legally protected status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.