Sr. Database Administrator, Oracle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 7/4/2018
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO* At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO s Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
The PIMCO database team is looking for an Oracle database expert, to work in a fast paced environment, providing both production & development support. This position will work closely with various development groups across the firm, and should demonstrate his/her ability as a technical expert on the team.
* Provide production support, solutions and expertise for Oracle, Exadata & Golden Gate.
* Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
* Work closely with various development teams across the firm to ensure proper use of Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to PIMCO database standards.
* Train and mentor developers in Oracle development methodology and best practices.
* Participate in the DBA team on call rotation.
* Tune complex Oracle SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
* Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for PIMCO database systems.
* Perform Database Upgrades as required.
* Apply Database/CRS patches, PSU s, Bundle Patches, etc as required.
* Help design, maintain, improve and implement monitoring tools.
* Handle DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
* Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.
* 10 years of experience as an Oracle Database Engineer or Oracle Database Administrator.
* 10 years of database development support, and Oracle SQL tuning.
* 3 years of production experience with Oracle Exadata is required.
* Understands Exadata specific concepts and has proven track record of implementing Exadata specific features.
* 3 years of experience with Oracle Golden Gate is required.
* Expertise with Oracle 12c, Oracle RAC, ASM, Flashback, and Dataguard are required.
* Expertise implementing Oracle Data Guard and the different features around Data Guard. (Active Data Guard, Snapshot Standby s, etc)
* Expertise with RMAN, cloning, backup & recovery.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
401k Savings with company matching.
Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.