Sr. Designer Piping & Mechanical Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
Marcus Hook, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnergy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
Responsible for maintaining and producing Mechanical, Piping, P&IDs, Electrical and Civil drawings for the Marcus Hook Facility with responsibility to provide other location support as required. Specific duties include consolidating redlines and interacting with multiple customers to ensure all files are up to date.
- Generates CAD drawings (orthographic, plans and sections, and isometrics) to support engineering, interacts with other departments and/or suppliers to obtain pertinent information, and interacts with Project Managers to complete project scope related to drawing requirements, may be required to run prints and other Project Document deliverables or assist to prepare documentation packages for issue.
- Piping/mechanical designer will create, maintain and update engineering drawings including piping plans, details, and schematics, equipment layouts, and P&IDs for company pipelines, terminals, and pump stations.
- Designer will assist engineers and field personnel with the design and revisions of pipeline pumping station and terminal drawings.
- Assists in the development and implementation of company design standards. Field work is required that consists of walk-downs of facilities with field personnel to mark-up and revise DOT required drawings.
- Designer will interact with Company Project Managers and engineers, outside Design and Construction Engineering firms in order to facilitate design oversight related to various projects..
- Associates degree or higher, technical certification including a minimum of 5-10 years of concentrated piping/mechanical design experience preferably in the pipeline or related industry.
- Must be able to design and revise piping systems from engineering field sketches.
- The ability to design and layout P&IDs drawings for pipeline terminals and pumping stations. Proficient at reading drawings, designing piping and material lists associated with large process plants and pipeline operations.
- Candidate must possess a working knowledge of mechanical systems including instrumentation and controls. Field experience required.
- Must be proficient in AutoCad and CadWorx. applications including a minimum 5 years' experience.
- Familiar with ANSI, OSHA, PSM and Pipeline Industry Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capable of effectively interfacing with all levels of management, other designers, engineers, field & contract personnel is required.
- Must be a self-starter, possess good communication and organizational skills, able to organize and prioritize daily work, able to work with multiple projects, and adjust to changing priorities with minimum supervision.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Applications (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Access).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree.
- Working knowledge of industry standards for drafting techniques, including civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and piping.
- PC literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including proficiency in Excel, a plus.
- Functional knowledge of basic computer functions required to perform AutoCAD design with cross discipline ability to understand civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and piping, control wiring diagrams, loop diagrams and control panel layout drawings. 3-D AutoCAD and/or database experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation, process and instrument diagrams, SCADA/DCS/PLC I/O hardware and wiring, and ISA standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications