Sr. Developer Oracle PL/SQL 10/11/2017
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Developer Oracle PL/SQL Under general direction, participates as a high level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
* Design and Develop Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions.
* Creation and monitoring of batch jobs utilizing a job scheduler.
* May design and implement web applications.
* Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
* Provide project timeline estimates.
* Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
* Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
* Support both client and department programming standards.
* Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
* Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
* Take ownership of assigned accounts.
* Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
* Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
* Willingness to learn, adapt new technologies
Bachelors Degree from a four-year University or College diploma in related field preferred. Equivalent experience and/or technical training may be considered.
Experience / Skill:
* 6 years of current PL/SQL experience.
* 2 years of current Java experience.
* 2 years of UNIX/ LINUX shell scripting.
* Possess technical background and experience supporting Oracle applications, tools and databases.
* Strong experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
* Experience writing UNIX scripts.
* Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
* Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
* Strong systems analysis experience.
* Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
* Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
Experience with any of the following would be considered beneficial:
* ColdFusion experience in creating web applications with connectivity to Oracle databases.
* Experience with Appworx, Adobe Flex, SQL Server, .Net, SQL and/or Microsoft DTS.
* Experience working in a client focused environment.
The Senior Developer reports to the Development Manager.
ADAPTABILITY Is able and willing to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities. Able to adjust personal style to changing environment. Maintains focus and intensity and remains calm, optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
COMMUNICATION (VERBAL AND/OR WRITTEN) - Able to clearly present information through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, listens well, able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
ORGANIZATION AND PLANNING - Anticipates needs, determines priorities and establishes the appropriate courses of action, set goals. Monitors performance towards goals and makes adjustments, as necessary, to facilitate goal attainment. Able to organize/schedule people or tasks, develops actions plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resources availability.
JOB KNOWLEDGE - Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Is able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
PERSEVERANCE - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
PROBLEM SOLVING - Systematically breaks apart complex problems and identifies the underlying causes. Identifies trends and sees causes and consequences. Generates a variety of alternative techniques or methods to resolve issues and/or solve problems.
QUALITY ORIENTATION - The ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, paying attention to the details of job responsibilities. Produces a minimum amount of errors while completing work. Able to recognize errors in work in progress and make necessary real time corrections. Accurately checks processes and tasks and monitors the results of delegated tasks, assignments and projects.
TEAMWORK - The ability to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.
34115 West Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, 48331
34115 West Twelve Mile Road