Sr DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTION7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock
We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX and why wouldnt we be? When youre working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, its no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. Theres an energy across IDEXX that is contagious where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
About the role:
As a member of the IDEXX DevOps team you will architect, build and support cloud-based networking and computing infrastructure for various business units within IDEXX. You will also, on a continuous basis, ensure that the solution is tuned to address business requirements by gathering metrics and identifying and implementing system enhancements.
You will also track and understand new developments in cloud technologies and, when applicable, apply them to new and existing configurations.
Whats in it for you?
This role is a great opportunity for you to join a company named #31 to Forbes 2017 'Most Innovative Companies' list. You will have exposure to the latest/cutting edge technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Docker
This is also a chance for you to work with a highly collaborative/skilled team.
If youre looking to use your programming abilities to solve challenging automation problems, this is the perfect opening for you.
What can you expect?
This role will allow you to grow your career and learn new technologies through cutting edge training sessions.
Expect a highly collaborative environment. Our DevOps are embedded with development teams and work with our Scrum teams on continuously delivering reliable and intuitive products.
A day in the life of a DevOps Engineer:
* Participate in Scrum/Agile rituals
* Work with development and business partners to increase reliability through automation
* Collaborate with fellow DevOps teammates to learn/teach and experience everything that the organization has to offer in the way of technology
* Software development background preferably with a focus on infrastructure as code (Python, Bash, PowerShell)
* System administration experience or exposure (Linux or Windows servers)
* Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Google)
* Configuration Management experience (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (US only)