This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/16/2017
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
BUSINESS: CIRCOR Energy
LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Manager Engineering
Responsible for sustaining the design and development of existing products for manufacture and
distribution. Maintain and modify existing products for improvements in performance, manufacturing,
efficiency or cost.
* Initiate, expand or evaluate design concepts for new or existing products.
* Manage the activities of engineering changes and support change control activities with respect to production control.
* Analytically and/or empirically analyze products for performance and conformity to company requirements or industry standards.
* Create standard and special drawings and B.O.M.'s (Bills of Material).
* Maintain files of all drawings.
* Manages activities related to product engineering through the development, design and maintenance of products offered.
* Writes technical letters, test report, test plans and specifications necessary for project, operational and customer support.
* Initiates and/or implements corrective action and counter measures as needed in order to support internal and external customers of engineering.
* Directs product substitution activities to reduce slow-moving inventory and improve turns.
* Support continual process improvement activities to streamline processes to maximize customer satisfaction.
* Utilize standard problem solving techniques to identify root cause and counter measures for both short term and long term change management.
* Confers with product management, production, and operation to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for existing products.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 5 years related work experience in the industrial/oil and gas/valve related industry with preferred experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Good understanding of procedures and concepts in design engineering department and others.
* Is a skilled specialist in drafting techniques in SolidWorks (Pro-E is acceptable, Solidworks Preferred) Modeling Program, Auto-Cad Drafting Program and books of Codes and Standards.
* Has a sound understanding of engineering and manufacturing theories and practices on a domestic basis and able to interpret and apply those requirements into product design.
* Developed communication skills to communicate primarily job-related information within the department and to maintain relationships with internal, external and foreign contacts.
* Able to meet deadlines and work under stress.
* GOOD MECHANICAL APTITUDE AND/OR TRAINING TO THE POINT OF UNDERSTANDING PHYSICAL SCIENCE CONCEPT.
* Has a sound understanding of theories and practices on a global basis.
* Developed communication skills to negotiate mainly internally and often at higher levels.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations by responding promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service and responds accordingly. Meets commitments.
* Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results. Leads on-going process improvement activities.
* Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Meets productivity standards. Completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
* Works with a sense of urgency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Engineering discipline, preferably mechanical emphasis.