Sr Hadoop Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
Maryland Heights, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARYResponsible for design, development and implementation of Big Data Projects. Oversee, perform and manage Big Data projects and operations. Resolve issues regarding development, operations, implementations, and system status. Research and recommend options for department direction on Big Data systems, automated solutions, server-related topics. Manages and maintains all production and non-production Hadoop clusters. Provide mentorship and coaching to entry, junior and associate level team members, including interns, to ensure a effective assimilation to the team and resource for professional growth.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Hadoop environments and perform Installation, administration and monitoring tasks
- Install & configure software updates and deploy application code releases to Production & Non-Production environments
- Understanding of best practices in maintaining medium to large scale Hadoop Clusters.
- Contribute and maintain access and security administration.
- Implement and Maintain backup and recovery strategies on Hadoop Clusters based on current process and procedure
- Supports multiple clusters of medium complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Install ,Configure and maintain High Availability
- Perform Capacity Planning of Hadoop Cluster and provide recommendations to management to sustain business growth.
- Implement and maintain Disaster Recovery (DR) methodologies and create documentation.
- Contribute to multiple projects along with the Production Support.
- Assist in creation of and maintaining Standard Operational Procedures and templates.
- Proactively identify opportunities to implement automation and monitoring solutions
- Familiar with setup/configuration of Cloudera CDH or Hortworks HDP.
- Coordinate with Development, Network, Infrastructure, and other organizations necessary to get work done
- 24 x 7 On Call pager rotation.
- Strong desire to learn a variety of technologies and processes with a \\"can do\\" attitudeRELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in handling large-scale distributed platforms and integration projects.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux / Windows, with basic knowledge of Unix administration
- 1+ years of experience administering Hadoop cluster environments and tools ecosystem: Cloudera/Horton Works/Sqoop/Pig/HDFS
- Experience in whole Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, Hive , Yarn, Flume, Oozie, Flume, Cloudera Impala, Zookeeper, Hue, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark and Spark Streaming including Nosql database knowledge such as Hbase, Cassandra and/or MongoDB
- Familiar with Spark, Kerberos authorization / authentication, LDAP and understanding of cluster security
- Exposure to high availability configurations, Hadoop cluster connectivity and tuning, and Hadoop security configurations
- Expertise in collaborating with application teams to install the operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Experience working with Load balancers, firewalls, DMZ and TCP/IP protocols.
- Understanding of Enterprise IT Operations practices for security, support, backup and recovery
- Good understanding of Operating Systems (Unix/Linux), Networks, and System Administration experience
- Good understanding of Change Management Procedures
- Experience with hardware selection, environment sizing and capacity planning
- Knowledge of Java, Python, Pig, Hive, or other languages a plus#DH2018EDUCATION
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent experience.PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in working with RDBMS and Java
- Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies(AWS)
- Certification in Hadoop Operations or Cassandra is desiredWORKING CONDITIONSOffice environmentEOE Race/Sex/Vet/DisabilityCharter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfCharter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.