Sr HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Sr HR Business Partner
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
The Sr Human Resources Business Partner is a strategic and highly collaborative HR and business role that works closely with Business Leaders to understand and accomplish business operating, growth and profitability objectives; provides advice and counsel on all human capital related matters across multiple geographies and develop a deep understanding of the business, key performance metrics and trends, and organizational interdependencies.
Serves as a consultant and change agent to management on human resource related issues. The ideal candidate will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HR Business Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid range plans, its culture and its competition. This position reports to the Senior Human Resources Manager.
* Serves as a consultant, and change agent with assigned business groups
* Works collaboratively/maintains strong working relationships with HR team
* Partners with client groups to help them reach human capital goals; focused on making the right decisions and having an informed opinion about what the business needs to do
* Delivers appropriate human capital related solutions at a variety of levels for assigned client groups
* Responsible for implementation, communication and administration of corporate human resources programs, including policy administration
* Ensures alignment of human resources programs with company s philosophy and strategy while meeting all legal requirements
* Facilitates and/or provides training aligned with the corporate strategies and may develop programs focused on business unit needs including programs supporting talent development and succession planning.
* Drives employee recognition efforts Manages employee relations counseling and leads and/or assists with employee relations investigations, EEOC charges and related hearinings.
* Leads or participates in projects as assigned
* Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
Critical Skills Required:
* Demonstrates Accountability: Takes ownership for work and outcomes, makes sound decisions based on facts and accuracy and follows through with commitments.
* Responds with Agility: Asks questions, gathers information and analyzes data to proactively identify root causes and make recommendations to solve problems. Is flexible, adaptable and manages time appropriate to ensure focus on the most critical priorities.
* Energy/Endurance: Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement, maintaining focus through multiple priorities
* Collaboration: Ability to influence others and values strong teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents
* Builds Collaboration through Trust: Able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace while valuing differences. Involves others to engage collaboratively toward workable business solutions.
* Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Must be highly articulate and able to make arguments in a compelling manner
* Project Management: Ability to complete operational plans that achieve business results that future the capabilities of human resources.
* Leverages independent judgement: Must be capable of assessing scenarios and making a recommendation on compelling next steps with or without direct supervision.
* Minimum of 7 years HR Business Partner experience
* Minimum of 7 years broad-based human resource generalist experience
* Previous experience supporting locations remotely is preferred
* Up to 25% travel
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled