Sr. Install Engineer 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 8/4/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The IE3 job is the Senior Engineer level position for Installation and the entry level position for Upgrades. Works under minimal supervision from Management. Executes documented procedures and exercises judgment within defined procedures. Recommends changes to existing process and procedures. Primary responsibility is to drive to predictable Cycle Times and Warranty Starts for new tools installed and upgraded at customer sites. Includes activities associated with setup, alignment, calibration, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex capital equipment. Represents the company to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with all installation/upgrade-associated activities. Assures operational quality of system equipment. Works directly with KT regions and customers to verify new tool performance and transfer tool responsibility. Seeks warranty sign-off on newly installed tools
* 1) Installation of new tools at customer sites. Follows all procedures and provides a consistent result within specified cycle times. Achieves a predictable warranty start.
* 2) Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems related to installation. Can repair issues using standard procedures or innovate to resolve system level problems which can have multiple causes.
* 3) Troubleshooting and repairs of complex system level problems are based on IE3's technical knowledge, education and training. IE3s seek help from Staff Engrs and Management when problems occur that may exceed knowledge, education and training.
* 4) Prepares field service reports and daily passdowns on Installation progress and non-conformances. Contributes to post-activity Quality Feedback Report
* 5) Obtains all necessary international travel documents and manages their personal lives to be ready to travel for extended periods
* 6) Manages personal finances to prevent disruption to scheduled activities - even when traveling for extended periods.
* 7) Travels domestically and internationally by commercial transportation to customer sites.
* 8) Assists junior engineers as necessary. Provides guidance and technical assistance at customer sites. Can develop basic POAs. Provides phone and on-site support for junior engineers
Knowledge and Skills:
* 1) Analytical skills
* 2) Mechanical aptitude
* 3) Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software and electronics, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
* 4) Knowledge of computer theory, various operating systems and applicable operating system software knowledge, Networking in a Windows, Unix or Novell environment.
* 5) Basic automation functionality on assigned equipment set.
* 6) Must successfully complete required and ongoing technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of company equipment; including installation procedures and the application of diagnostic techniques and practical application of service aids.
* 7) Competent with the MS Office suite of applications
* 8) Attain and maintain Installation Certification Level 3 - Proficiency in complete product installation, upgrade, and system level repair of a product within a family is required.
* 9) Semiconductor industry process knowledge, required to take the KT class for Introduction to semiconductor processes.
* 10) Good interpersonal/communication skills in understanding customer needs. Ability to work under pressure and stringent timelines since Installation cycle times are committed to customers and may impact customer production.
* 11) Basic Application skills including troubleshooting of standard recipe issues
* 12) IE3 can perform model change upgrades to fielded systems using defined procedures and under the guidance of more senior engineers
* Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (ASET minimum degree plus 3 years direct work experience).
* Experience in supporting comparable capital equipment for the semiconductor industry is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development