Sr. IT Program Manager 9/19/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec Corporation is transforming to be in cloud and be more agile. Offering Security as a Service requires Symantec to execute its programs differently and in more innovative ways by adopting Agile methodologies along with implementing DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing.
This particular team is looking for a Sr. Program Manager / Scrum of Scrum Master who can lead a cross-functional program that includes Product teams, IT teams, and business function teams. The role will be in IT and traditionally named as Leader of IT PMO team.
As a Sr. Program Manager/Scrum of Scrum Master, you will be required to work with team members with diverse skill sets technical, functional, and senior leaders. In addition to executing the initiative, you will also act as scrum of scrum master to provide structure and guidance to multiple scrums teams. You must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. Apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Beyond program delivery and technical skills, you have a proven experience in leading complex programs with multiple scrum teams, communicating program definition, development milestones, program schedules, program status, monitor and guide release team. Should have excellent communication skills and know how to communicate with different levels in organization.
* Work closely with business PMO, Product/ Engineering PMO, and other IT teams, create a roadmap of the initiative
* Collaborate with multiple teams to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
* Lead a team of project managers and release manager during the execution cycle
* Create/Modify execution methodology or process and drive it.
* Collaborate with various scrum teams and coach scrum masters.
* Own the program schedule, task assignments, and manage schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
* Facilitate planning for sprints, features, and larger technical initiatives; serve as a facilitator for Product Owners and the development/engineering team and focus teams to deliver value quickly through iterations
* Deliver and facilitate effective and efficient Agile ceremonies including weekly stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
* Identify and remove impediments, control distractions as well as facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
* Coach and enact continuous improvement within the team to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
* Ensure appropriate consistency and coordination between delivery teams; help the team converge on consistent capacity and performance metrics
* Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress to provide transparency across the client company
* Able to communicate and present status and other details on the program to senior leaders in the organization
* Ensure proper documentation using Agile artifacts (product vision statement, product backlog, product roadmap, release progress, sprint backlog, etc.)
* BS/ MS degree in at least one of the following: Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Equivalent applicable certification or equivalent experience;
* 10 years+ experience in upholding a proven track record of successful complex program management using both agile and waterfall;
* 2 years+ experience as Scrum of Scrum Master
* Deep understanding and expertise in Agile methodology, DevOps, CI/CD and their supporting tools;
* Experience in cross-functional program management;
* Deadline driven and detail-oriented;
* Ability to influence, negotiate, and hold teams accountable to execute;
* Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations;
* When unable to meet commitments, be crystal clear and communicate with path to resolution;
* Strong communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
* BA/BS degree, strong preference for Master s degree
* CSM certification required!
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.