Sr Manager DCAPBS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 13685
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Senior Manager for the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences will report to the Administrative Director supporting all inpatient and outpatient operations of the Main Campus including programs of Crisis Response Center, Medical Behavioral Unit, Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit, Behavioral Health Outpatient Unit, Neuropsychology Outpatient Services, Pediatric Psychology Outpatient Services. In close partnership with the Medical and Clinical Directors, responsible for implementation of programmatic goals for DCAPBS Main Campus in the missions of clinical care, research, and education. Includes physician and staff recruitment/onboarding, staffing planning, analysis, monitoring and implementation of physician compensation plans, collaboration with Research Institute and hospital leaders for appropriate tracking of revenue and expense related to research activities, execution of regulatory compliance activities, expense approval, participation in budget development and monitoring of revenue and expense as compared to budget, and management of unique DCAPBS projects.
Senior Manager along with direct alignment to the Main Campus Clinical and Medical Directors, shall have key responsible for the following occurring on the Main Campus:
* Manage annual financial performance for all main campus cost centers with oversight of budget approximately $8M
* Develop the annual budget for the cost centers, with the assistance of the Administrative Director
* Review and analyze monthly financial statements to identify and understand variances and take appropriate corrective actions.
* Interact with professional billing office to facilitate accurate and complete physician documentation and charge capture.
* Monitor trends in payor mix and collection rate.
* Maintain knowledge of available funding sources (e.g., research and/or endowment accounts) and monitor annual use.
Academic Relations and Recruitment
* Support recruitment and smooth onboarding of new physicians, including communication with all involved parties to assure completion of all pre-employment requirements, including credentialing, computer training, office equipment, etc.
* Serve as primary managerial point of contact for all main campus faculty to resolve unique issues.
* Advise on difficult faculty or staff human resources decisions
* Assist in documenting and carrying out decisions on unique situations; serve as primary point of contact between division and HR & Finance on any changes in faculty status
* Manage faculty-and personnel-related expenses for both divisions.
* Approve all operational and physician professional expenses for the divisions, up to authorized limits.
* Prepare requests for mid-year physician incentives for Administrative Director/Chair approval and payroll processing, according to established procedures. Maintain ongoing tracking of year-to-date compensation for individual physicians.
* Communicate directly with departmental HR and Finance staff regarding any changes in physician or staff FTE, salary external salary support sources, or extended leaves in a timely and accurate manner.
* Maintain and approve time and attendance for CHOP payroll employees within divisions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
Employee Relations and Oversight
* Oversee administrative and other support staff within divisions.
* Ensure appropriate communication of and compliance with all institutional initiatives and requirements to all main campus DCAPBS staff
* Ensure efficient workflow and assign duties appropriately
* Assist Administrative Director, Medical and Clinical Directors in ensuring appropriate staffing in all areas
* Manage research and clinical staff through delegated leaders (e.g., CRNA Coordinator, Research Manager)
* Approve paid time off; manage performance.
Strategic planning support for Administrative Director and Chair of department
* Support Administrative Director and Chair as primary managerial partner in decision making
* Collaborate and develop relationships with other administrators and physicians within the Cardiac Center to achieve shared goals
* Development of existing and new programs to support the mission of department
* Assume primary responsibility for various projects of a programmatic or operational nature
* Develop internal systems for assuring high quality and consistent completion of operational functions
* Perform independent analyses of current processes and design and implement changes where necessary
* Analyze financial and volume data for trends and new program opportunities
Operations and process improvement
* Oversee the smooth operation of ongoing functions of the main campus DCAPBS cost centers
* Program Quality and Safety support for Medical and Clinical Directors
* Oversee office space planning
* Troubleshoot administrative issues for physicians and staff
* Support continuous quality improvement
* Policy development for department and driving accountability for organizational policies
* Actively participate on all DCAPBS leadership meetings and CHOP Behavioral Health Steering Committee.
* Support the development of the research and education missions of DCAPBS.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Public Health, Public Administration
* 7-10 years in leadership role within academic healthcare institution or other large healthcare institution. Oversight of leaders and staff, multiple clinical programs, physician relations and multi-million dollar budgets.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
* Master s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
* 10+ years in leadership role within academic healthcare institution or other large healthcare institution. Oversight of leaders and staff, multiple clinical programs, physician relations and multi-million dollar budgets.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Payor relations
* Physician practice billing
* Academic physician recruitment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Program development
* Strategic planning
* Efficient typing and documentation skills
* Project management
* Process improvement
* Professional development of others
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.